Experience the beauty of nature in mountains older than the North American continent. Nestled in the Pisgah National Forest, Asheville offers easy access to unlimited transcendental experiences in the natural world. Listen to the chatter of birds as you relish endless views from the highest ridgelines this side of the Mississippi River. Soak up the sounds and smells of dense life-filled forests, find waterfalls and wade in shallow rivers.
- Appalachian Trail – This “super-trail” of the Appalachian Mountains can be accessed at many locations within 45 min to 2 hours of Asheville. Much of this white-blazed Trail is on ridgeline and affords spectacular views on clear days.
- Asheville Urban Trail – Often been called Asheville’s “museum without walls,” this trail consists of 30 stations of bronze stations downtown. Only a couple of miles from Ventana make this a perfect pairing with a night out!
- Botanical Gardens at Asheville – Free admission. See about 700 species of native and exotic trees, shrubs, vines, wildflowers, herbs, grasses, sedges, aquatic plants, ferns, mosses, and lichens.
- Deep Creek Loop Trail – This is an ideal trail to enjoy magnificent views of amazing waterfalls. This is a 4.4 mile loop that is in the Deep Creek portion of the Great Smokey Mountains.
- Lunch Rocks Hike – This section of the Mountains-to-Sea Trail (MST) leads from the Folk Art Center to a beautiful view of the Haw Creek valley at Lunch Rocks. After your hike, be sure to stop into the Folk Art Center to discover art and handicrafts made by local artists.
Ventana Asheville is the epitome of quintessential mountain lifestyle. Ventana includes approximately 100 acres of forested mountainside with dramatic views of downtown Asheville and the surrounding Blue Ridge Mountains. Creeks, trails, native hardwood and rhododendron forests characterize the natural landscape of the community. When buying real estate in North Carolina, look no further than Ventana Asheville.