For a family that appreciates the natural world, the possibilities in Asheville are endless. Exploring the mountains surrounding Asheville North Carolina is an immersion in millions of years of natural history. Nowhere in North America is the biodiversity matched. Formed three hundred million years ago, these timeworn mountains provide countless adventures and exploration, making this mountain paradise the perfect backdrop for an unforgettable family vacation.
Connect with the dynamic spirit of Asheville from a place of quiet luxury and amazing vistas. Ventana is a one-of-a-kind experience for those who desire the serenity and sense of awe that comes with a home in the mountains, yet want to enjoy city diversions when the kids are ready to go. Downtown Asheville is only 8 minutes away. Here are some family friendly tips and don’t miss activities near Ventana.
- WNC Nature Center – Want a one-of-a-kind adventure where you can really experience the animals of the Southern Appalachians?
- Sliding Rock – A small parking fee is all you will need to pay to experience this 60-foot natural water slide located in the Pisgah National Forest.
- Asheville Treetop Adventure Park – Enjoy expansive views of the Asheville skyline from Asheville Zipline Canopy Adventures or head up into the trees.
- Asheville Regional Airport – With short security lines and just 10 miles (15 minutes) from downtown, this small airport is a dream for parents with little ones.
- Take advantage of the great outdoors. Picnic everywhere, lets the kids run around.
- Blue Ridge Parkway is known as one of “America’s most beautiful drives” so after lunch let the kids nap in the backseat while the adults enjoyed a couple hours of serenity and scenic landscapes.
- South Slope Neighborhood – Homemade ramen for the kids, and beer for the adults equals winning!
- Biltmore Estate – To make the most of your time with little ones, try going during slower times of the day which happens to be the afternoon.
- Outdoor Dining – Enjoy one of the many restaurants that offer outdoor seating. Not only is it great for energetic toddlers who don’t always love to sit still but these open-air environments provide just the right amount of background noise to drown out any noisy kids who might be late for nap time.
- Chimney Rock Park – The mountain views and fresh air were completely breath taking and a moment your family will never forget!
Enjoy this lifestyle year round when you live at Ventana Asheville. You can explore all these tips and find more of your own that you love. Breathe in the fresh mountain air. Find like-minded families and embrace a new era of mountain living. Discover life at Ventana Asheville